Search recently published papers
from the CARSP Conference
2nd International Road Safety Symposium (Oct. 31 – Nov. 1, 2022) – Registration Now Open!
Date(s) - October 31, 2022 - November 1, 2022
12:00 am UTC
On behalf of co-hosts Prof. Tarek Sayed and Megan Oakey, UBC and the BC Center for Disease Control are excited to announce the 2022 2nd International Road Safety Symposium to be held in Downtown Vancouver.
The two days will cover:
International Expert Presentations followed by discussions on:
* Road safety challenges and opportunities in the smart mobility era
* Cycling Safety – Now and Into the Future
* Equity and Road Safety
* Autonomous Vehicle Safety
* Advances in Autonomous Vehicles
Interactive Attendee Panel Discussions:
* Road Safety and Reconciliation
* Improving Active Road User Safety
* Successful Safety Initiatives in BC
* How big data analytics is shaping the future of safety initiatives and auto insurance
* Understanding the Impact of Advanced Vehicle Technology on Safety
The distinguished line-up of international experts include
* Dr. Johnathon Ehsani – Assistant Professor, Dept. of Health Policy & Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
* Dr. Susan Handy – Professor, Environmental Science and Policy, University of California, Davis
* Dr. Alain Kornhauser – Professor, Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University
* Dr. Tarek Sayed – Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
* Dr. John Scanlon – Senior Safety Research Engineer, Severity and Safety Impact Team, Waymo
October 31 – November 1, 2022 at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel (1180 W Hastings St).
To join the symposium, go to the registration page here:https://bit.ly/ubcroadsafet
Space is limited, so register asap!