The Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals (CARSP) Young Professionals’ Committee is hosting and sponsoring a student poster competition. Students and postdoctoral fellows are invited to submit poster abstracts online for a chance to display a poster at the 2023 ITE Canada/CARSP Joint Conference. Posters can be on any road safety topic. Applicants must be registered at a Canadian university or college. Authors of the top three posters will receive the following cash awards:
- $500 for first place
- $300 for second place
- $200 for third place
Authors are required to present their posters in person at the conference to receive their award. Plus, the top ten poster abstracts which receive the highest scores will also receive complimentary day registration. Please see below for important dates:
|April 1, 2023||Deadline – Full Papers & Poster Abstracts due.|
|May 1, 2023||Reviewer comments to authors. Accepted posters from poster abstract submissions announced, including the top 10 which receive complimentary registration.|
|Three weeks for students to revise abstracts (if needed, based on reviewer feedback), create a poster (if invited or accepted).|
|May 19, 2023||Final poster must be submitted.|
|June 4-7, 2023||2023 ITE Canada/CARSP Joint Conference, poster judging, and awards ceremony.|
Abstracts for posters must be no longer than 1000 words and must include the following author/contact information and study information:
- Purpose/Rationale: What is the major reason for doing this study?
- Objectives: Define objectives for the study
- Relevance: How does this study relate to road safety challenges in Canada?
- Methods and Materials: What methods were used to collect the data? What materials were included within this methodology?
- Analysis: Describe the type(s) of analyses used to interpret data.
- Results/Preliminary Results/Hypothesis: Briefly summarize the data derived from analyses.
- Conclusions: What can be concluded that is important to road safety issues or policy in Canada?
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
For abstract submissions, the student must be the lead author of the work, but there may be multiple authors. Poster abstracts must include original work, which is either completed or ‘in progress.’ Abstracts for studies which are ‘in progress’ should include preliminary or interim findings.
Online Submission Form Coming Soon!
If you have any questions, please contact Vikas Ravada at YPC_events@carsp.ca